Slaton was served by the Panhandle & Santa Fe Railway, a component of the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway. Common to many of the larger Santa Fe service locations, Slaton had a Harvey House Restaurant that operated between 1912 and 1942. After the restaurant closed, the building was repurposed to become Santa Fe's freight and passenger depot for Slaton. Although the building fell into disrepair after the railroad stopped using it, it has been refurbished and repurposed again as The Slaton Harvey House Bed & Breakfast.
the Slaton depot used while the Harvey House restaurant was still operational (courtesy Tony Privett )
(courtesy SMU Libraries)