txrrhistory.com - SP Depot - Schulenburg, Texas

SCHULENBURG, TEXAS. Schulenburg is at the intersection of Interstate 10, U.S. Highway 77, and Farm Road 1579, on the Southern Pacific Railroad, eighteen miles south of La Grange in southern Fayette County. The area was settled by German, Austrian, and Czech settlers in the mid-nineteenth century. Schulenburg was founded in 1873, when the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway built through the site, and was named for Louis Schulenburg, who donated land for the railroad.

Text from the Handbook of Texas Online

 
Last Revised: 09/31/2005 - Contact the Texas Interlocking Towers Page.