McAllen was served by the Missouri Pacific and Southern Pacific railroads.
images below provided by a publication of the McAllen Chamber of Commerce
The is the "west McAllen" depot, located at a townsite that failed. McAllen was reestablished 3 miles east of this location.
The 1901 date is likely incorrect. The first rails arrived in 1904, and the new townsite was probably 1905 or later.
(6) site of the depot that burned in 1914; (10) the new Missouri Pacific depot
Southern Pacific depot built in 1927. Today it serves as a law office. Photo by Dave Matthews, 4/20/2008. (courtesy, AbandonedRails.com)