CROSBY, TEXAS. Crosby is on Farm Road 2100 near the Southern Pacific tracks two miles north of State Highway 90 and just outside the Houston city limits in eastern Harris County.
The town was named for G. J. Crosby, a railroad construction engineer. Charlie Karcher opened the first store there in 1865, and the town quickly became a retail and shipping center for lumber and agricultural products from between the San Jacinto River and Cedar Bayou. A post office opened at the community in 1877, and in 1884 Crosby reported a population of fifty, a school, a Baptist church, and a general store.
In the early 1990s Crosby reported 238 businesses and a population
estimated at 1,888, though considerably more people lived in the
area at that time.
Text from the Handbook of Texas Online