ALLENFARM, TEXAS. Allenfarm is on Farm Road 159 and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad twenty-four miles south of Bryan in southern Brazos County.
The area was settled by Stephen F. Austin's second group of colonists between 1821 and 1831. The original grants were issued to Jarrell and Robert H. Millican. The community was named for Robert A. Allen, an area plantation owner. His name however, does not appear on the known land deeds. The post office operated from 1885 until after 1940.
In 1902 the town had a three-story depot, two gins, a general store, a commissary, three saloons, and a population of 100. In the 1940s it had two stores, two schools, a church, two factories, and a population of seventy-five. By 1964 the population had fallen to fifteen. In 1970 it was forty.
Allenfarm had one business in 1986. Will Terrell, the owner,
preserved several of the original local buildings and their contents.
In 1990 Allenfarm had a population of thirty. BIBLIOGRAPHY: Glenna
Fourman Brundidge, Brazos County History: Rich Past-Bright Future
(Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986).
Text from the Handbook of Texas Online
Last Revised: 09/30/2005 - Contact the Texas Interlocking Towers Page..